Ellison Kibler & Associates has an opening for a Junior Analyst position in Columbia, SC. The firm is looking for a graduating or recently graduated student with a solid understanding of markets and strong problem-solving skills that could add value early on. A more in-depth description of the position can be found below.
The Junior Analyst job description is as follows:
Junior analyst supports financial advisors and other team members by preparing investment reviews and proposals for current and prospective clients. Works with advisors in providing probabilistic (Monte Carlo) analysis to help clients and prospects gain a better understanding of their life and investment goals and the likelihood of achievement. Junior analyst is required to stay up to date with changes in client portfolios, firm software and research pieces, and commentary from throughout the industry.
- Use firm based software programs to prepare investment performance reports and goals based analyses.
- Prepare charts and models to help illustrate each client’s investment portfolio.
- Create spreadsheets that indicate when client portfolio is in need of rebalancing to better align with their target allocation.
- Work with advisors and strategists to determine changes that need to be made within client portfolios.
- Analyze compensation structures for corporate executives.
- Produce reports that help clients plan for educational costs in the future.
- IRA rollover analysis
- Construct team marketing and other collateral materials.
- Attend asset management meetings to be familiar with portfolio constituents.