Application Deadline: Thursday, March 8, 2018
Open to: recent graduates and pending graduates (May 2018 graduation)
Unum’s Finance Development Program provides an unparalleled opportunity for the very best and brightest recent college graduates whose goal is to enter director level positions on a fast track. FDP participants will develop leadership and technical skills through a robust rotational program within Unum’s Finance organization. The program also offers formal support for the pursuit of a reputable Finance credential along with leadership-level mentorship.
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world’s leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum helps protect more than 25 million working people and their families in the event of illness or injury. At Unum, our people truly make a difference – in the lives of our customers, our local communities, and in the success of our company.
Unum has been the leading provider of disability insurance since 1975. In 2013, Unum Group earned over $10 billion in revenue, provided benefits for one third of Fortune 500 companies and continues to maintain $60 billion in assets. Unum is headquartered in Chattanooga, TN and has significant U.S. operations in Portland, ME, Columbia, SC, Worcester, MA and Glendale, CA. In addition, 35 field offices are located around major metropolitan cities across the country. Unum has international offices in Dorking, England and Carlow, Ireland. The company employs approximately 10,000 people worldwide. With a culture that rewards performance and promotes from within, Unum offers challenging career opportunities across multiple locations and various lines of business.
Program Summary Highlights
· Program consists of 3-4 cross functional job rotations within the Finance organization, and occasionally in other business units, over the course of 4-5 years. Job rotation assignments will average 18 months in duration and may vary from 12-24 months depending on the role, complexity, and business needs.
· Rotations are based on business needs and may include, but not limited to: Accounting, Financial & Regulatory Reporting, Planning, Risk, Tax, Internal Audit and Corporate Finance. It is expected that each Associate will complete 3 of the 4, if not all, rotations within Finance organization. Rotations are available at Unum campuses in Chattanooga, TN, Portland, ME and Columbia, SC. Associates may elect to have all of their rotations at one campus or rotate between campuses (relocation packages are offered).
· Associates are tasked with active role in managing an important aspect of the business related to their assignment, providing feedback regarding process improvements, policies, and procedures to the business areas as they proceed through the program.
· The pursuit of one of three reputable credentials (CFA, CPA, CMA) is required and supported with paid study hours and bonuses for each passed exam and completion of credential.
· Programmatic training and development will involve a variety of training venues including classroom, self-study, and project-based work which will occur throughout the duration of the program.
· Associates assigned a leadership-level mentor for the duration of the program to support them in their individualized professional growth and development plans.
· Bachelor degree required: undergraduate cumulative GPA 3.3 or above – A FIRM REQUIREMENT
· Accounting, Economics, Finance majors preferred
· Intent and ability to pursue and achieve relevant Finance credential (CPA, CFA, CMA) – please review certification requirements and determine which credential you hope to pursue prior to application
· Strong internship or equivalent work experience for graduating college seniors in the fields of finance or accounting
· Demonstrated leadership abilities across multiple venues – be prepared to (1) speak about leadership roles and skills and (2) provide examples of when you have stepped up into leading groups when needed
· Ability to respond quickly and positively to change – be prepared to and provide robust examples of when you had to build buy-in to effectively drive change
· Ability to link understanding of business processes, business drivers, and changes to other areas and financial results and trends
· Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills; adept at handling group dynamics
· Highly motivated individual able to take direction from managers
For more details and to apply, click here.