We provide extracurricular educational opportunities for finance students in the Darla Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina.
The Carolina Finance & Investment Association (CFIA) is a student-driven organization that works in conjunction with faculty and alumni to provide all the resources necessary for students to achieve their goals of working in top financial positions. The CFIA features regular guest speakers, trips, educational seminars, resume workshops, interview training, trading competitions, community outreach, social events, and a mock fund. It's a great way for students interested in finance to accelerate and deepen their understanding of the financial world.
What We've Achieved
- Educational trips to New York, Charlotte, and Atlanta
- Regular guest speaker series
- Undergraduate student placements at bulge bracket banks including: Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, UBS, Credit Suisse, Barclays, Bank of America, and Wells Fargo
- Biannual Wall Street Prep and Training the Street financial modeling boot camps
- Developed network of alumni in the finance industry
- Started the paper money Carolina Fund to prepare students for the Student-Managed Investment Fund
- Annual campus-wide trading competition
- Resume workshops
- Interview prep
- Social and networking events